Appendix B: A few useful URLs
Structure and Model Databases
- PDB [ RCSB-PDB ] [ PDBe ] [ PDBj ]
The world-wide PDB is the single archive of experimental macromolecular structural data.
- Protein Model Portal
The Protein Model Portal (PMP) provides a single portal to query millions of comparative protein models at various model databases simultaneously, as well as links to interactive services for comparative modelling, fold recognition, and quality assessment.
- PQS Protein Quaternary Structure Server
- EDS Electron Density Server at Uppsala University
- SCOP Structural Classification of Proteins.
- CATH Protein Structure Classification
Protein Structure Visualization Tools
- DeepView The Swiss-PdbViewer
- DINO Protein Structure Visualization for Linux
- Molscript a program for rendering high quality images of molecular 3D structures such as proteins.
- Molscript a program for displaying molecular 3D structures such as proteins.
- POV-RAY Open Source Raytracing software
Last modification: Please note that these pages have not been updated since 1999 and are provided on a "as is basis". We are currently working on an updated version of this course.