SWISS-MODEL generates theoretical models by automated homology modelling techniques. The result of any theoretical modelling procedure is NON-EXPERIMENTAL and must be considered with care as models may contain significant errors. This is especially true for automated modelling since there is no human intervention during model building. All information on the SWISS-MODEL site is provided "AS-IS", without any warranty, expressed or implied. SWISS-MODEL and SWISS-MODEL Repository are developed within the SIB Swiss Institute of Bioinformatics — please visit ExPASy for more details on terms and conditions for SIB services.
SWISS-MODEL is developed by the Computational Structural Biology Group at the SIB Swiss Institute of Bioinformatics at the Biozentrum, University of Basel.
Protein models generated by SWISS-MODEL are licensed under the CC BY-SA 4.0 Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License, i.e. you can copy and redistribute the models in any medium or format, transform and build upon the models for any purpose, even commercially, under the following terms:
- Attribution — You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use. When you publish, patent or distribute results that were fully or partially based on models obtained from SWISS-MODEL, please cite the corresponding papers (see below).
- ShareAlike — If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original.
This is a human-readable summary of (and not a substitute for) the CC BY-SA 4.0 license
The SWISS-MODEL website, layout, server, logo and name are copyright by Computational Structural Biology Group at the SIB Swiss Institute of Bioinformatics at the Biozentrum, University of Basel.
FAIR USE POLICY
There are no restrictions on the interactive use of SWISS-MODEL Workspace and Repository by individual users. For programmatic access to SWISS-MODEL Workspace and SWISS-MODEL Repository, please refer to the documentation on how to link and programmatically access SWISS-MODEL. If your use case is not covered in the documentation, please contact us directly (firstname.lastname@example.org). Activities that may impact the stable operation of the service such as systematic or automated queries and downloads, automated submissions etc. using other mechanisms than the ones provided by SWISS-MODEL are prohibited and may result in blocking your access.
When you publish, patent or distribute results that were fully or partially based on models obtained from SWISS-MODEL, please cite the corresponding papers:
- SWISS-MODEL Workspace:
- Biasini, Marco; Bienert, Stefan; Waterhouse, Andrew; Arnold, Konstantin; Studer, Gabriel; Schmidt, Tobias; Kiefer, Florian; Cassarino, Tiziano Gallo; Bertoni, Martino; Bordoli, Lorenza; Schwede, Torsten (2014). SWISS-MODEL: modelling protein tertiary and quaternary structure using evolutionary information. Nucleic acids research, 42, W252-8.
- Arnold, K.; Bordoli, L.; Kopp, J.; Schwede, T. (2006). The SWISS-MODEL workspace: a web-based environment for protein structure homology modelling. Bioinformatics (Oxford, England), 22(2), 195-201.
- SWISS-MODEL Repository:
- Bienert S, Waterhouse A, de Beer TA, Tauriello G, Studer G, Bordoli L, Schwede T (2017). The SWISS-MODEL Repository - new features and functionality. Nucleic Acids Res. 45(D1):D313-D319.
- Kiefer, F.; Arnold, K.; Kunzli, M.; Bordoli, L.; Schwede, T. (2009). The SWISS-MODEL Repository and associated resources. Nucleic Acids Research, 37, D387-92.
SWISS-MODEL BETA SERVICE
The beta-version of the service is not intended for productive use — but only for testing and development purposes. Access and usage of the interactive beta SWISS-MODEL service (https://beta.swissmodel.expasy.org) is restricted to non-profit/academic users solely for educational purposes or for basic research intended to advance scientific knowledge. Programmatic access to the interactive beta SWISS-MODEL is not supported. Information and services on the SWISS-MODEL beta are provided "AS-IS" for testing and development purposes without any warranty, expressed or implied. Please report any problems or issues to email@example.com.