Welcome to SWISS-MODEL
SWISS-MODEL is a fully automated protein structure homology-modelling server, accessible via the ExPASy web server, or from the program DeepView (Swiss Pdb-Viewer). The purpose of this server is to make protein modelling accessible to all life science researchers worldwide.
2019 novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV), officially named severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2), is a positive-sense, single-stranded RNA coronavirus. It is a contagious virus that causes COVID-19 (also known as 2019-nCoV acute respiratory disease). It is the cause of the ongoing 2019–20 Wuhan coronavirus outbreak, a global health emergency.
The results are available here.
Every week we model all the sequences for thirteen core species based on the latest UniProtKB proteome. Is your protein already modelled and up to date in SWISS-MODEL Repository?
c/o Prof. Torsten Schwede
Swiss Institute of Bioinformatics
Biozentrum, University of Basel
CH-4056 Basel / Switzerland
- Waterhouse, A., Bertoni, M., Bienert, S., Studer, G., Tauriello, G., Gumienny, R., Heer, F.T., de Beer, T.A.P., Rempfer, C., Bordoli, L., Lepore, R., Schwede, T. SWISS-MODEL: homology modelling of protein structures and complexes. Nucleic Acids Res. 46(W1), W296-W303 (2018).
- Bienert, S., Waterhouse, A., de Beer, T.A.P., Tauriello, G., Studer, G., Bordoli, L., Schwede, T. The SWISS-MODEL Repository - new features and functionality. Nucleic Acids Res. 45, D313-D319 (2017).
- Guex, N., Peitsch, M.C., Schwede, T. Automated comparative protein structure modeling with SWISS-MODEL and Swiss-PdbViewer: A historical perspective. Electrophoresis 30, S162-S173 (2009).
- Benkert, P., Biasini, M., Schwede, T. Toward the estimation of the absolute quality of individual protein structure models. Bioinformatics 27, 343-350 (2011).
- Bertoni, M., Kiefer, F., Biasini, M., Bordoli, L., Schwede, T. Modeling protein quaternary structure of homo- and hetero-oligomers beyond binary interactions by homology. Scientific Reports 7 (2017).